Since the start of the pandemic, WCDS has set the goal of having seated, face-to-face instruction. While virtual is a viable option, it is not a replacement for in person instruction. Seated, full-time, on-campus classes are offered
to all students in the 2020-2021 School year.
Live, virtual classes are offered to all students
who contract COVID-19 or may need to
quarantine due to risk of exposure.
To prepare and create an environment conductive to in-person instruction, WCDS had to put together a plan to assure this and maintain on a daily basis. The key components included:
1. Masked face coverings required for grades 1-12 daily.
2. Parents required to complete and submit COVID Health Screening forms daily.
3. Each student and staff member required to have a daily temperature check before entering the building.
4. Lower School being isolated from Upper School to reduce exposure risk and special classes such as Music, Art, etc. being taught in each self-contained classroom.
5. Upper School lunch being separated by classroom and room assignment to reduce contact and risk.
6. Air purifiers being purchased for each classroom and office.
7. Hand sanitizing dispensers placed in every classroom and at high traffic areas throughout the school.